Actually, we did but it was all in the name of safety.

Our fire testing lab got a hot and very smoky workout last week when the NSW Fire & Rescue teams came to visit.

We played host to the crew who were launching their winter fire safety campaign and warning Aussies not to leave fire safety to Chance.

Chance, of course, was the inhabitant of a man made lounge room at our North Ryde fire testing facility.

Going about his business, Chance was hanging the washing on the clothes horse next to a heater. He then left the room, and the heater, unattended.

The lounge room was engulfed in flames within only a few minutes and after four minutes the firies stepped in to hose it down.

See how it all went down, or up rather, in flames..

Note: Some readers may find this footage confronting.