We love it when our social media followers interact with us and each other. We have house rules for our social media to help create a safe, inclusive and respectful community for everyone.
As Australia’s national science agency, we are dedicated to providing impartial scientific information. Therefore, we won’t be discussing policies of governments or oppositions at any level on our social media.
Please be mindful of our House Rules. We also have rules for our blog comments.
When interacting with our content and community, please don’t:
- Harass, insult or abuse others
- Make defamatory, false or misleading comments
- Use obscene, insulting, racist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive language
- Post personal information about yourself or others such as private addresses or phone numbers
- Promote commercial interests
- Violate any laws or regulations, including the intellectual property rights of others
- Post off-topic comments
- Share spam, multiple versions of the same comment or excessive commentary on a particular issue.
In the interest of ensuring our community can participate in a safe and respectful environment, we will remove any posts that we consider breach our House Rules. If poor behaviour continues, we reserve the right to block you from posting on our social channels.
Whether we hide or delete comments is at our discretion. Please note, we delete comments in languages other than English.
You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
To the maximum permitted by law, CSIRO excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Personal information collected by CSIRO Australia is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). CSIRO collects information posted to CSIRO social media and uses that information for the purpose of administering its channels, considering and/or addressing any comments made and evaluating the effectiveness of CSIRO’s communications. CSIRO is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of social media channels or any linked websites. For further information see our Privacy Statement.