Terms and conditions
- The promoter is the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (“CSIRO”) (ABN 41 687 119 230), Clunies Ross Street, Black Mountain, ACT, Australia.
- Entry is open to anyone located in Australia with an Instagram handle.
- Each entry must be made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entries not submitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions may be deemed ineligible. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries to the competition and can win more than once.
- The Competition period commences on 7 February 2022 at 9am AEDT and runs until 29 April 2022 at 6pm AEDT. Any entry received by the promoter before or after the Competition period may be ineligible for entry and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, late or misdirected submissions.
- The promoter may at its absolute discretion remove or reject any entry for any reason whatsoever, including if it is offensive or discriminatory.
- Each entrant warrants that its entry does not breach the copyright or other intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any other person.
- One prize for each of the CSIRO backyard treasure posts plus an additional wildcard post (11 prizes in total). Each prize comprises of a signed copy of AmAZed by CSIRO’s Andrea Wild. The winning image will also be reposted on the CSIRO Instagram page with the winner’s Instagram handle.
- The competition will be run via CSIRO’s Instagram page. Entries are submitted by sharing your original image via your public Instagram account with #CSIROTreasureHunt and tag @CSIROgram.
- The entries will be judged by a panel from the CSIRO’s Editorial & Content team on three criteria: accuracy, quality, and creativity. In the case of a tie, a panel consisting of three members of CSIRO’s Editorial & Content team will judge the tied responses to determine the winner based on the criteria plus engagement (number of likes).
- The winner will be notified within one week via Instagram. The prize will be sent via post during the competition period or within four weeks of the competition closing. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash. A prize will be deemed to be unclaimed if we have been unable to contact the prize winner through Instagram direct message for seven calendar days. Where a prize is deemed unclaimed, the prize will be reassigned through a second judging.
- If there are any unclaimed prizes a second judging will be conducted within two weeks following the same criteria at the same place as the original judging. The new winner will be contacted via Instagram within seven business days.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the control of the CSIRO, including as a result of technical failures, CSIRO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to modify, postpone, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded including any statutory consumer guarantees, CSIRO, and its officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to any persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation, failure of any winner to contact the promoter, non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
- CSIRO is collecting each entrants’ personal information for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Competition as described in these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any question or want more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.