Bees of Australia competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (“CSIRO”) (ABN 41 687 119 230), Clunies Ross Street, Black Mountain, ACT, Australia.
- Entry to the competition is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees, directors and officers of CSIRO or any person associated with the Competition, or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry must be made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entries not submitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions may be deemed ineligible. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- All respondents who complete mandatory fields in entry form will automatically go into the draw to win a copy of Bees of Australia: A Photographic Exploration published by CSIRO Publishing valued at $49.99.
- Entrants may only submit one response to the survey. Duplicate submissions will be deleted
- The Competition period commences at 9 October 2018 at 9am and closes 16 October 2018 11.59pm. Any entry received by the promoter before or after the Competition period may be ineligible for entry and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, late or misdirected submissions.
- The promoter may at its absolute discretion remove or reject any entry for any reason whatsoever.
- Each entrant warrants that its entry does not breach the copyright or other intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any other person.
- Subscribing to CSIROscope is required for entry. Only one response per subscriber is allowed.
- The winner will be randomly drawn by CSIRO on 17 October 2018 and will be notified within two business days via email. The prize will be sent to the mailing address supplied by the winner by standard post after the announcement of the winner. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure winners receive their prize. Where we are not able to deliver a prize despite making reasonable efforts to do so the prize will be included in a second chance draw.
- If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a second chance prize draw will be conducted on 30 October 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by email within two business days. A prize will be deemed to be unclaimed if we have been unable to contact the prize winner through the contact details provided by 11.59 pm on 19 October 2018.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the control of the CSIRO, including as a result of technical failures, CSIRO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to modify, postpone, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded including any statutory consumer guarantees, CSIRO, nor any of their respective officers, employees and agents will be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation, failure of any winner to contact the promoter, non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
- CSIRO is collecting the Entrants’ personal information for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Competition as described in these Terms and Conditions and in CSIRO’s privacy statement at csiro.au/privacy