The festive season can be a tricky time of year to stick to a low-carb lifestyle. Fortunately, it can still be delicious. We’ve got two party-starting recipes to help you live it up low-carb style this summer.
CSIRO Low-Carb Diet Easy 100 has a suite of low-carb snacks and drinks that feel like an indulgence. But they will also keep you on track with your low-carb and healthy eating goals.
First up, a refreshing and colourful mocktail that delights the senses.
This Mojito Kombucha Mocktail will help you toast to good health – and mean it! It swaps out alcohol for healthy, sugar-free kombucha and contains just 5 grams of carbs per serve.
Mojito Kombucha Mocktail
Serves: 2 | Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking time: nil | Carbs per serve: 5 grams
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups (500 ml) of unflavoured sugar-free kombucha
- Juice of 1 lime, plus a few lime slices for garnish
- ½ a small cucumber, finely sliced
- ½ cup of mint leaves
- Fill two glasses with ice. Divide the kombucha between glasses, squeeze in the lime juice and stir to combine.
- Top with cucumber slices, mint leaves, and a slice of lime to serve.
With a festive Mojito Kombucha Mocktail in hand, you’ll want an equally impressive and tasty snack to delight too. Try the CSIRO Low-Carb Diet Easy 100 Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites. They’re easy to make and delicious to eat, with just 2 grams of carbs per serve.
Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
Serves: 4 | Preparation: 5 mins | Cooking: Nil | Carbs per serve: 2 grams
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of garlic granules
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 telegraph cucumber cut in to 5 mm thick slices
- 1/3 cup (85g) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic granules and chilli flakes in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the cucumber slices on a serving plate. Spread the cream cheese over the top, then sprinkle with the seed mix. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and serve.
For more low-carb living meals, snacks, drinks, and tips, try the CSIRO Low-Carb Diet Easy 100, in either paperback or eBook editions.